The Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts & Humanities is a multifaceted not-for-profit organization committed to promoting the preservation, interpretation, and cultural enrichment of the Cape May region for its residents and visitors, by:
- Fostering a greater understanding and appreciation for the Victorian lifestyle and for the architecture, decorative arts, history and livelihoods of the Cape May region.
- Preserving and restoring the Emlen Physick Estate, the Cape May Lighthouse and other landmark structures in the Cape May region.
- Encouraging the performing arts in the Cape May region through presenting performances, conducting educational outreach and providing support services to other arts and cultural organizations.
- Providing professional development to teachers and educational outreach to schoolchildren and adults in subject areas corresponding to the organization’s public programming.
- Supporting the efforts to preserve the Cape May region’s historic architecture through the sponsorship of cultural and heritage tourism, and through providing support services to other non-profit organizations in the areas of cultural, heritage and ecological tourism.
- Acquiring, preserving, exhibiting and interpreting objects pertaining to the Victorian period and to the architecture, decorative arts, and history of the Cape May region.