Benefits of MAC's Educational Programs
MAC is a member of the American Alliance of Museums and follows professional museum standards in all its programming. All tours and exhibits on local history are rigorously researched. MAC has been certified by the New Jersey Department of Education as a professional development provider.
MAC's museums, tours and arts programming can be a valuable teaching tool by:
- Providing supplementary information on local history and environment of Cape May and its surrounding areas;
- Providing information on a unique era in American history;
- Stimulating cognitive and critical thinking skills;
- Making local history come alive;
- Providing topics for enrichment activities across the curriculum.
- Providing NJ Core Contents Standards-based programming, support materials and staff development opportunities.
MAC's public history programs are funded in part by an operating support grant from the New Jersey Historical Commission, in the Department of State. The Cape May Music Festival is funded in part by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Department of State.